Feb 14, 2015

Phases of the Moon

We learned about the phases of the moon the other day in science. Since this is one of those subjects that always seems to get "cut" due to lack of time, assemblies, early outs, etc. I wanted to tie in something fun for them to do that I've seen all over the Pinterest world. I brought in some Oreos and they got to create the different phases of the moon by scraping off the filling. Oh my, did they love it! Of course once we were done, we enjoyed a nice (not-so-healthy) snack! Here are some picture updates from our experiment.





1 comment:

  1. I love this activity! I've seen it on Pinterest several times, and always thought it was such a clever way to teach this concept! Good job using an activity as a post for others to learn from :-)

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete